Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gold Medal Game

Although my interest in sports remains very diverse, there are very few sports that can compare to hockey and baseball, in my personal opinion.

But I like to give everything a shot.  Which remains a reason I have taken such an interest in the Olympics.  It gives you the ability to learn a lot more about the sports that only remain popular during the several weeks of the competition.

Today, the U.S. Women's soccer team faced the number one ranked team in the world, Japan.  I had told myself that I wanted to watch it, however, forgot that it was on this afternoon.  Luckily, I was at my friends house who threw it on right when the match was starting.

For the next two hours I sat on the edge of my seat and remained more interested in a soccer game than I ever have felt before.

It was a back and forth game, that the Japanese could have easily taken advantage of and won, however, the U.S. battled and kept the lead after their first goal eight minutes into the match.

The U.S. added another gold medal to their total medal count after beating Japan 2-1 in an exciting and enjoyable soccer match.  I truly enjoyed watching the U.S. win their third gold medal in the past three Olympics.

But not as much as I like U.S.A.'s forward, number 13 Alex Morgan.


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean when you say that very few sports can compare to basketball and hockey. They are very fast paced and entertaining. I am surprisingly very interested by the Olympics so far, but i doubt i would ever watch these sports again if it wasn't for the olympics.

    ReplyDelete